Last week Ryearch celebrated 25 years of business, with an after work drinks party at The Berkeley in Plymouth City Centre. Around 50 of our contacts in the local construction and civil engineering trade joined us to mark this milestone date in Ryearch’s history. It was a great opportunity to catch up with clients and supply chain partners, and reminisce about some of our favourite building projects. Ryearch’s first contract back in 1990 was a new build construction for an orthopaedic mattress factory ‘Putnams’ who are still trading from the same building in Chaddlewood today. Our civil engineering track record also started in 1990 with the development of key infrastructure on the ‘Giblands’ housing estate in Okehampton – works included roads, sewers and foundations. As Ryearch enters our 26th year of trading we will continue delivering high quality projects across Devon and Cornwall, and keep our reputation for completing these contracts on time and to budget. Ryearch’s heritage has incorporated:
- delivery of many high profile and landmark buildings/structures – recent examples include The Civic Centre, Lopwell Dam, Devonport Column and Plympton Library.
- development of public spaces – recent examples include Drake’s Place, West Hoe Pier, The Ride, East End Transport Scheme, Madiera Road, Plymouth Railway Station and Plymouth University.
- establishing links with a range of leading intermediaries and supply chain partners, from architects and engineers through to glazers and M&E specialists.
- winning places on public sector supplier frameworks for construction and civil engineering works.
- being selected for approved contractor lists held by housing associations, architects etc.
- achieving a range of external accreditations.
- obtaining many building excellence awards from the South West LABC (Local Authority Building Control).
- maintaining a reliable and skilled workforce and board of directors.
- holding an exemplary health and safety track record.