Tavistock Museum, Devon
Internal and external repair, renovation and alteration to this historic grade II listed building requiring the use of traditional materials and involving conservation techniques.
As the works involved opening up or altering the structure, the archaeologist had a close monitoring role, inspecting the structure and gathering information and samples for future reference and analysis. This involved careful planning of the works and close liaison between the Site Manager and archaeologist.
- Chimney repairs
- Renovation of windows and doors
- Render repair and external decoration
- Helifix bow ties remedial wall connectors
- Renovation of internal joinery
- Damp and timber treatment
- Flooring works
- Electrical installation including fire and intruder alarms
The project was completed on time and to budget. More information about Tavistock Museum can be found here.