St.Ive Parish Church, Callington, Cornwall
After winning the initial tender for the repointing works, we worked with the church for a year in obtaining additional funds from grant aiders to carry out needed repairs to the fabric whilst the costly scaffold was in place.
The works involved:
- Lime mortar repointing to the tower following investigative works and cleaning.
- Repointing and repairs to soft stone window surrounds, mullions and the like.
- Hand crafted limestones where originals were slate filled.
- Crafted sheet lead ventilated window fillings.
- Renewal of shape code 7 leave coverings.
- Replacement lead flashings and pointing.
- Lead glazing repairs were missing and broken.
- Slate roofing repairs.
- Removal of deteriorated tracery window sections and bell tower entrance door surrounds, hand forming and installation of Forest of Dean replacements.
- Oak door and frame repairs and renewals and decorations.
- Church refurbishment
- Client – The Parochial Church Council
- Completion – March 2014
- Value – £40,000