St Hugh’s Church, Cornwall
Extensive works to the interior and exterior of this Grade I listed building.
- Survey and report of existing roof slopes.
- Removal of existing cast iron and UPVC guttering.
- Complete replacement of main code 7 and 8 valley gutter – installation of new powder coated cast aluminium gutters and rainwater pipes.
- sacrificial strips long with replacement bearers
- Valley boarding and removal.
- Repair and replacement of natural slating.
- Application of wood preservative to existing exposed timbers.
- Replacement of main ridge tiles to roof longitudinally.
- Installation of galvanized inspection ladders between chambers with hand grabs and railings to areas.
- Extended lighting from existing supplies to give lighting to spiral access stair and new chamber.
- Oak repairs to chamber floors.
- Installation of like for like oak to intermediate floor.
- Floor bearing on galvanized RSJ’s installed on pad stones.
Ryearch erected a scaffold structure to protect the main inner roof slopes and lead gutters, and to act as work platforms. We also installed enabling scaffold to the internal areas of the bell tower.
- Church refurbishment
- Client – The Parochial Church Council
- Completion – December 2014
- Value – £59,000