St.Bartholomews Parish Church, Lostwithiel
Extensive external works were completed at ‘St Barts’ including stonework, leadwork, glazing and slate repairs – the refurbishment was funded by English Heritage.
The project involved:
- Weatherproof external and internal scaffolds to the tower and spire
- Re-pointing of the tower and spire (internally and externally)
- Replacement Pentewan stone blocks to the spire and dormer mullions
- Stonework and slate louvre repairs and replacement
- Stabilisation of the tower including cementitious injection
- Refurbishment including gold leafing of the weather cock
- Repairs to lightning conductors
- New leadwork to trays and flashings
- New reglazing and leadwork to three windows
- Internal rendering to main west wall internally
- Lime washing internally to spire tower and west wall
- Installation of tower and access stairway lighting
Ryearch had carried out re-roofing and repairs to the church some four years earlier, and were invited back due to the high quality of our workmanship and reliability.
The project was completed on time and within budget.
- Parish Church refurbishment project
- Client – Parish Church Council
- Architect – Bazeley Partnership
- Location – Lostwithiel, Cornwall
- Completion – September 2008
- Value – £119,385