Sandy Court, Ashleigh Way, Plymouth
Sandy Court is a speculative development of high specification office units at Langage Office Campus. Ryearch is delivering the whole scheme which provides seven modern and spacious office units across five detached, two storey structures.
A traditional design and build project, this large steel frame development spans a total area of 28,000 feet. Works also include associated access roads, parking, drainage, utility infrastructure and electricity substation.
This scheme is being phased with three buildings completed so far – two units are c5,000 square feet each and the third is c6,500 square feet.
The offices feature raised access floors, state-of-the-art comfort cooling, LED lighting and lifts. Modern materials give the scheme an aesthetically pleasing, contemporary feel. Each unit has achieved an EPC rating A, under applicable regulations.
Ryearch has liaised with the purchaser and tenants to adapt each unit to their requirements, including solar panel installation. As each unit has become occupied, the subsequent work has been completed on a live site.
“…we have been particularly impressed with the scheme… The finishes on the buildings are of a superior quality and in all instances have been delivered within the prescribed times. I would have no hesitation in recommending Ryearch Ltd as a contractor for further commercial developments.”
John Slade, Monk & Partners (May 2017)
Ryearch has implemented significant environmental initiatives during the construction including:
- Shillit aggregate from the site levelling process was re-cycled to form a capping layer over the entire site. This minimised the need to use imported type 1 materials.
- Excavated material that was not re-used was repurposed at Chelson Meadow Recycling Centre, supporting development of the recycling centre.
- The 6-metre-high retaining gabions were constructed from gabion baskets, filled with select stone from the site, and then faced off. This prevented detrimental environmental consequences of importing gabion stone.
- A change in planning permission to alter the aspect of the curtain walling to achieve a solar gain and thus a betterment in natural lighting and heating.
- Kingspan insulation used throughout each unit, which comprises mostly recycled materials.
Value engineering is being conducted throughout this project, for example favourable site conditions enabled the tarmac specification on the access roads to be reduced.
Ryearch has fully complied with all the planning conditions pursuant to this scheme, including:
- Archaeology assessment – an interesting impression was found and recorded by an archaeology team from Exeter
- Ecological assessment – The Wildlife Trusts assessed the ecology conditions at the site before works commenced
The head of the Construction Team, Dick Curtis, would be pleased to offer a tour of the Sandy Court development, to demonstrate both the high standard of Ryearch’s finished projects and also the way in which work is delivered on a live site. Please contact us to arrange a site visit.
- New build office development
- Location – Langage Office Campus, Ashleigh Way, Plympton, Plymouth PL7 5JX
- Ryearch Groundworks & Ryearch Construction Teams
- Client – Greenacre Developments (Devon) LLP
- Agents – Monk & Partners
- January 2011-ongoing
- Value £2,800,000