Launceston College Multi Academy Trust
Following Ryearch’s successful completion of the phase 1 works at Launceston College in 2015, phase 2 involved extensive alterations and refurbishment works as follows:
- Roofing upgrade and replacement to the hall, science block and design technology block including installing new fascia and aluminium guttering system.
- History and science block refurbishments.
- Toilet refurbishments.
- Upgrading and providing new drainage into the existing system.
- Installation of new aluminium high level windows and curtain walling (hall and gym) including fully automated intelligent powered mechanical openers.
- Controlled removal of asbestos materials found present within the existing window and curtain walling mullions.
- New plaster boarded ceiling and walls installed including full decorations within hall.
The works took place over the school summer holidays, and both phases of the project were successfully completed to the clients’ satisfaction.
- College/MAT extension
- Client – Plymouth City Council
- Value – £1,547,000
- Completion date – August 2015