Eco House, Plymouth
The focus of this new build four-bedroom house was sustainability and energy efficiency, achieved through the use of traditional and cutting-edge construction materials.
The dwelling was constructed using a non-traditional construction of 150mm block superstructure, with a Rockwool Rockshield insulated system mechanically fixed prior to external rendering. Other green features included:
- installation of photovoltaic roof tiles for the conversion of solar power to electricity
- incorporation of natural air circulation/heat recovery ventilation system
- installation of water recycling units, enabling surface water to be converted into drinking water
The house has provided long lasting sustainable living for the occupants, reducing their utility bills and carbon footprint.
- Client: Private Client
- Architect: Alex Cranefield
- Location: Yealmpton, Plymouth
- Value: £298,210
- Completion Date: December 2004