Council House & Civic Centre, Plymouth
The project involved substantial and complex mechanical and electrical works to three civic buildings in central Plymouth, two of which have grade II listed status. The scope entailed:
- the physical separation of M&E infrastructure between the Council House and Civic Centre buildings
- improvements to the mechanical and electrical installation in the Council House
- upgrading of heating system in the Guildhall through installation of a new boiler system
- complete refurbishment of the lower ground floor of the Council House to create a new CCTV control room
To facilitate the works, the Council House was temporarily linked to the Guildhall heating system which enabled the building to remain functional throughout the seven month project. An intricate civil engineering scheme was therefore undertaken to install underground heating pipes and ducts for the building services across Armada Way.
Ryearch worked closely with an M&E Contractor to deliver these technically challenging works within a compressed time frame.
The project was completed to the satisfaction of the client.
- Complex M&E works on interconnected public sector buildings
- Client – Plymouth City Council
- Location – Plymouth City Centre, Devon
- Delivery dates – January 2015 to August 2015
- Value – £1,547,000