St Hugh’s Church, Cornwall
Extensive works to the interior and exterior of this Grade 1 listed building included:
- Survey and report of existing roof slopes.
- Oak repairs to chamber floors
- Installation of like for like oak to intermediate floor.
- Complete replacement of main code 7 and 8 valley gutter – installation of new powder coated cast aluminum gutters and rainwater pipes following removal of existing cast iron and UPVC.
- sacrificial strips long with replacement bearers
- Valley boarding and removal,
- Repair and replacement of natural slating.
- Application of wood preservative to existing exposed timbers.
- Replacement of main ridge tiles to roof longitudinally.
- Install galvanized inspection ladders between chambers with hand grabs and railings to areas.
- Extended lighting from existing supplies to give lighting to spiral access stair and new chamber.
We delivered the project through:
- Erection of scaffold structure as work platforms and to act as weather protection to main inner roof slopes and lead gutters.
- Enabling scaffold to internal areas of bell tower.
- Floor bearing on galvanized RSJ’s installed on pad stones.
- Church refurbishment
- Client – The Parochial Church Council
- Completion – December 2014
- Value – £59,000